RALEIGH’S WALL - CALL FOR ARTISTS
The Occasion: As avid fans may know, the 1 year anniversary of the release of Pacific Rim is on 12th July, in exactly 3 weeks time. Baldwinboy5ive and I feel this is cause for celebration.
The Brief: Since Raleigh’s a fan of old-school photos, and likes putting his favourites up where people can see them, we thought it would be appropriate to create Raleigh’s Wall. The idea is that you draw anything that looks like a photo taken in the Shatterdome (selfies, candid shots, the baby photos Tendo hands out like candy, whatever…) and we’ll compile it on the wall, a reminder that the fandom’s still going strong, and, in Guillermo’s words, “we’re all in the same robot.”
The Technical Stuff:
1. If you want to get your pic on the wall, just contact me or baldwinboy5ive and either submit it or email it to either of us. We’ll probably need to edit it a little (add “sticky tape”, add a “frame”, rotate it etc) to make it fit, but we’ll try to keep that to a minimum.
2. 300dpi is best but 72dpi is okay too.
3. We’d love to get this up on the actual day of the anniversary, so the deadline for this is basically any time before 12th July.
4. Please, please reblog, even if you’re not an artist yourself! The more pics we manage to get up the better!
5. This is just for fun. There is absolutely no profit, no payment, nothing. Just a way to bring people together in a kind of multiplayer art-trade, because we believe not only in ourselves but in each other!